hernia surgery is done by general surgeons.

What kind of doctor do I see if I have a hernia?

If you have a hernia you need to see a general surgeon. General surgeons do a wide variety of surgery such as colon cancer, breast cancer, gallbladder surgery and much more. Hernia surgery is one of the common surgeries that every general surgeon performs. Some general surgeons choose to limit their work to one area such hernia surgery or breast cancer surgery. But all general surgeons are trained to repair hernias. Some urologists repair hernias. Many years ago family practice doctors repaired hernias.

Copyright (C) Kevin C. Petersen, M.D., 2005-2022, All Rights Reserved