What kind of surgeon would you need for a hernia?

General surgeons are the specialists who do 99% of the hernia surgery. A few older urologists will do inguinal hernias. Thoracic surgeons will do some hiatal hernias. Many years ago general practice doctors would do surgery such as simple hernias, set fractures and remove appendeces.

Copyright (C) Kevin C. Petersen, M.D., 2005-2018, All Rights Reserved